In today's episode of Meadow Memo, Meadow CEO David Hua sits down with Julien Butler, Director of Retail Sales, Marketing and Delivery at the Original Green Cross of Torrance, a South Bay storefront and delivery service powered by Meadow since 2019.
The conversation focus is around Dispensary Marketing & Building Brand Relationships. Highlights include:
How he’s structured his marketing, sales and delivery teams (2:23)
Becoming vertically integrated and creating shelf space for their in house brand, Alta Vida (11:50)
Marketing messaging, discounts & loyalty programs for various customer demographics (15:42)
- Creating loyalty “milestone buys” to reward shoppers with prizes and perks (18:33)
- “20 days of 420 promotions” with daily brand promos to build hype (20:44)
- Building strong vendor relationships, how product marketing affects the menu, and the importance of interdepartmental communications between purchasing and sales teams (23:23)
- Why they switched from selling from product in cases to 14 floating iPads on the sales floor with the Meadow embedded menu (25:47)
- The three things brands need to get on retail menus (28:02)
- How Stokd Marketing empowers vendor and dispensary partnerships (30:28)
- Recent products we’re enjoying from Kush Co., Lost Farms, El Blunto, Ursa, Carte Blanche, Cold Fire Juice, Khalifa Kush, Alien Labs (32:32)
- The importance of freshness in products — harvest and manufacture date (35:09)
- Why connecting with the cannabis community is important to staying up on trends (36:42)
- How dynamic delivery paired with text marketing makes it possible to serve pop-up events (38:20)
- Why Green Cross switched from Treez to Meadow (41:53)
- The importance of serving customers with omni-channel sales (43:03)
To kick off our conversation, Hua samples some Pink Certz flower cultivated by Sense, bred by Compound Genetics using 100% renewable energy, which took first place in the flower category at the Transbay Challenge in February 2022, presented by Jimi Devine & Emerald Farm Tours.
Thanks for exploring this Meadow Memo on Dispensary Marketing & Building Relationships with Brands.
If you found this content useful, please subscribe to this monthly newsletter on LinkedIn, and share with a friend in the industry who is part of a retail or delivery team.
Book a call with us today at getmeadow.com.
Learn more about Meadow's all-in-one cannabis retail software